Introduction and History
Asia Pacific Dental Students Association (APDSA) was established since 1968 and the annual congress will be held in different member countries each year. APDSA was established for the following purposes :
- To promote dental health in the Asia Pacific region.
- To promote closer regional and international cooperation among dental students
- To assist in organizing an international convention of dental students.
- To uphold studies and to promote contact between dental students in the region.
- To advance dental science in the region.
- To protect the interests of dental students in the region.
- To publish at least one newsletter and one journal every year for circulation to all members.
- To be a totally non-political association.
The Asia Pacific Dental Students Association(APDSA) was the brainchild of the Asia – Pacific Dental Federation(APDF) with the aim of making it an effective and influential component of the International Association of Dental Students(IADS). The first APDSA Congress dates back to the 1st August, 1968 in Tokyo, Japan. It has come a long way since then.